Most dentists are really good at what they do but they’re lost in finding the right words to communicate what they do to potential clients. Addressing this problem has become our featured guest’s raison d’etre.
Ashley Latter is arguably one of the most famous dental coach in the United Kingdom. With over 24 years of experience in business training, 9 years of which he spent as a master trainer for the world-renowned Dale Carnegie training organization, Ashley has already helped more than 8,000 participants in the UK, Canada, USA, India, and Australia become better dentists by teaching them communication skills.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Join Ashley and I as we talk about:
- How Bill, one of Ashley’s course takers, made an ROI of around 200 implants a year just by going to and following Ashley’s programs
- Why dreadful receptionists and reception areas are killing most dental businesses
- Ashley’s one piece of advice: Answer your telephone away from the reception area and deal with new inquires in a separate calling center.
- Why dentists should build enough rapport with patients and not sell dental treatments too quickly
- How to make more money as a dentist by asking the right questions in the right order and structure with the goal of uncovering patient needs
- Why treatment coordinators are a valuable asset for your business
- How to develop communication and relationship building skills that book your business solid
Quotes and Takeaways
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- Learn your craft but also learn how to market and communicate what you do.
- Wake up every day and work in your business as if you’re poor.
- Have an amazing downtime and don’t waste time.
Links and Resources
- Ashley Latter on YouTube
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie