If you’ve seen “The Island with Bear Grylls,” you will probably recognize the name and the voice of our guest for today’s show.
Behind the 60-year-old who joined 12 other male volunteers who were stripped of all the comforts of civilization and cast away on a remote deserted island for four weeks, Chris Barrow is the founder of 7 Connections business coaching where he has spent more than 23 yearsas an active trainer and coach to dental professionals.
In my conversation with Chris we talk about the history of his work life, the advice he gives to dental practice business owners, and lessons on how to find balance in ones life.
Listen to my conversation with Chris and learn about:
- The evolution of Chris Barrow the financial adviser to Chris Barrow the business coach for dentists
- Chris’ life after “The Island with Bear Grylls”
- The most common fault dentists make: employing or tolerating the wrong people for too long
- Why dental health practitioners should love their existing patients well enough before looking for others
- Why young dentists should start looking for an area of specialization
- How working with workaholic dentists for 30 years convinced Chris that we should take more holidays
- Chris’ passion for marathons and other outdoor athletic activities and how this contributes to his success
Quotes and Takeaways
- “All problems exist in the absence of a good conversation.”
- “True success can be defined as doing what you love to do, doing it when you love doing it, and doing it with the people you love doing it with.”
Links and Resources
- Life Launch: A Passionate Guide to The Rest Of Your Life by Pamela McLean and Fredric Hudson
- True Success: A New Philosophy of Excellence by Tom Morris